[Samba] winbind bug?

Chan Min Wai dcmwai at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 11:43:43 MDT 2014

hi Doug,

Just to share my personal experiences.

I found the winbind cache sometime... er... working strange.

stop samba
backup your /var/lib/samba/
Can you try to remove all files in /var/lib/samba/private/*
and also remove all files in /var/lib/samba/

Than rejoin the domain?

I'm not sure if it help to solve the problem...

But for my case when I've strange issue with the idmap (because of wrong
define range)

This is the only way I know it will clear all cache...

Sorry if that don't help...

but it work for me in my case...