[Samba] winbind bug?

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 27 11:28:13 MDT 2014

On 27/03/14 16:25, Doug Tucker wrote:

>> Hi again, I hope that is a typo 'tbd', should be 'tdb', if it isn't
>> or if changing it doesn't work, can you post your smb.conf, what OS
>> and what you are pointing samba at.
>>
>> Rowland
>
> Working OS's regardless of unix uid #: linux smb clients, Windows XP
> clients
>
> OS broken with unix id # over 11000: Windows 7
Hi, Yes but what is the server ?

Anyway after a quick scan of your smb.conf, you have these in the global
section:

    hide dot files = yes
    posix locking = no
    follow symlinks = yes
    wide links = yes
    invalid users = root

These should only be in a share

also there are these:

    passdb backend = tdbsam
    obey pam restrictions = no
    unix password sync = no
    wins support = no

You might as well remove them, they are all the default settings.

Apart from that, the smb.conf looks good to work with either a samba4 AD
or windows Server.

Rowland