[Samba] DNS, which one?

Marc Muehlfeld samba at marc-muehlfeld.de
Wed Mar 26 15:09:10 MDT 2014

Hello Matt,

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/DNS#Which_DNS_backend_should_I_choose.3F

 > I've had no problems with it this far, but again, this is all
 > strictly in a testing environment.

Start with the internal DNS. If you encounter any problems or need help,
you can ask on the list. And if you hit something that isn't implemented
yet, file a feature request "bug" and simply switch over to BIND:

Here's a HowTo about setting up BIND_DLZ:
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Dns-backend_bind

And here the few steps to switch to do the switch:
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/DNS#Changing_from_Internal_DNS_to_BIND

Regards,
Marc