[Samba] Managing Samba4 shares from Windows "Security Tab Missing"

Bo Kersey bo at vircio.com
Wed Mar 26 07:23:13 MDT 2014

Embarrassing to find the solution right after posting....
I'm running Version 4.1.6-SerNet-Ubuntu-7.precise

The security tab does NOT show up if I use the default setting of:
vfs objects = dfs_samba4, acl_xattr
If I change this to:
vfs objects = acl_xattr

The Security tab show up.  Now the question is, could someone tell me why? Do I need dfs_samba4?

Thanks!
Bo