[Samba] samba-tool illegal instruction setting up Kerberos auth for http

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 26 03:55:24 MDT 2014

On 26/03/14 09:42, L.P.H. van Belle wrote:
> Just a comment,
>
> I worked with debian Wheezy.
> and I get the sources rebuild from sid to wheezy.
> 	- samba   4.1.6
> 	- heimdal 1.12
> 	- other needed
> rebuilding works fine, samba works, ( seems to ) but the kerberous exports
> gives back  or nothing or segfaults
> The segment faults i saw, pointed to something with HDB ( out of memory of my head.)
> I'll try to reproduce it, but i remove this testing server 3 days ago :-/
>
> I'll reproduce, if its there again, i'll reopen the bug at debian. ( 732342 )
> Im very buzzy atm, but ill try to make some time and maybe i'll have the debs i created.
> I'll try to come back to this this week.
>
> Greetz,
>
> Louis

I wouldn't bother Louis, the problem only seems to affect the Samba
4.1.3 packages being used by ubuntu, if you download the various Samba
packages from Jessie and install them on 14.04, everything works
(obviously you wouldn't do this in production). The problem must lie in
the ubuntu Samba packages and not the Heimdal package.

Rowland