[Samba] samba-tool illegal instruction setting up Kerberos auth for http

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 24 14:57:54 MDT 2014

On 24/03/14 20:53, Stuart Longland wrote:
> Hi Rowland,
> On 18/03/14 20:06, Rowland Penny wrote:
>> On 18/03/14 08:00, Stuart Longland wrote:
>>> Has anyone noticed this behaviour in samba-tool?  I was trying to do the
>>> Apache Single Sign on authentication:
>> Hi, is this on Ubuntu 14.04 by any chance? if so, I have an open bug on
>> this at Ubuntu (bug 1289318). Debian had problems with samba version
>> 4.1.3, these had something to do with building against the wrong libs. A
>> fix was found and added to version 4.1.4, this made it into Jessie
>> before Ubuntu upgraded the samba package in 14.04, but Ubuntu still went
>> with 4.1.3 and supposedly backported the fix, only it does not seem to
>> have worked :-)
> Ahh, yes it is Ubuntu 14.04.  I'll have a look at their bug.
>
>> The only fix that I have found (and bear in mind, that I was only
>> testing) is to download the latest 'testing' packages and install them.
> Hopefully they get the bug fixed proper before next month. :-)
>
> Regards,
I am not holding my breath, they have issued an update, but this did not
cure the problem (at least for me), I still cannot get a keytab, all I
get is a core dump, I have added to my bug report, but I think that they
are ignoring it.
Anybody on here got any pull with Ubuntu??? If you have, could you
please ask them to have a look at bug 1289318.

Rowland