[Samba] Samba documentation team

Marc Muehlfeld samba at marc-muehlfeld.de
Sun Mar 23 04:31:12 MDT 2014

Hello Rowland,

Am 22.03.2014 19:06, schrieb Rowland Penny:
 > Marc, I am sending you this off-list.

I'm replying to the list, as it is a good example, what I am trying to
achieve. I hope, it is OK.

 > What you have written on the wiki so far, is great and sorely needed,
 > but, and please don't take this as a criticism, it seems to written
 > in English by someone, who normally doesn't speak English. Take the
 > snip from your post as an example, What you have written, actually
 > means, do not turn up on IRC. I would have written it as:
 >
 > So, lets not waste time, lets meet online in IRC, on freenode.net,
 > monday

I don't take this as a criticism. I'm not a native english speaker and
know, that there's a lot to improve with my english. :-)

If you can proofread the HowTos, it would be great! This is exactly what
I'm trying to achieve with the documentation team: Bringing people
together that are willing to improve the Samba documentation - in any way.

 > I will not be turning up on IRC, I have never used IRC and would not
 > know where to start, but I am willing to proofread wiki pages.

IRC is just a chat. You can use a local client (XChat, Pidgin,
Konversation, etc.) or login on http://webchat.freenode.net/. You don't
have to register or something else. Simply enter a name and the channel
you want to enter and you'll be there. :-)

Regards,
Marc