[Samba] Wiki should have Readme First

Klaus Hartnegg hartnegg at gmx.de
Sat Mar 22 12:31:18 MDT 2014

On 13.03.2014 08:12, Marc Muehlfeld wrote:
> Am 12.03.2014 23:56, schrieb Klaus Hartnegg:
>> Many first time users of Samba-4 seem to struggle with the same issues.
>> I suggest the Wiki should have a Readme First

> I've added this 1:1 to the Wiki
> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_Readme_First
> as a draft. It's currently not linked. I'll do this later, when it
> contains more information.

I removed the section that claimed that the AD-server should not be used
as fileserver. This seems to be not the case any more in current versions.

What about the statement that backup is difficult and thus one should
run two DCs for replication? This is the section that I had expected to
be controversial, but nobody commented on this. How good is the existing
backup script?

Klaus