[Samba] Upgrading from 4.1.4 to 4.1.6 on FreeBSD 9.2

Daniel Müller mueller at tropenklinik.de
Fri Mar 21 01:07:41 MDT 2014

For me It worked allways this way:

Download the latest gzipped release of samba 4.
Untar it to a new directory.
Stop your current samba instance. Backup your /usr/local/samba or wherever
samba is running.
Compile samba with the same param as you did before within the new
directory.
Configure, make, make install.
Restart samba: test samba -V
And if nothing went wrong you are up and running.

EDV Daniel Müller

Leitung EDV
Tropenklinik Paul-Lechler-Krankenhaus
Paul-Lechler-Str. 24