[Samba] Administrator uid is 3000000 not 0 as root

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Thu Mar 20 14:58:04 MDT 2014

On Fri, 2014-03-21 at 00:05 +0400, Александр Свиридов wrote:
>  Hello!
> W alse have a problem when folders and files created as Administrator have owner uid as 3000000 not 0 as, I understand, it must be. Because of this programs can't define samba user name by uid.
> I googled and saw that there are other people who had the same problem. The only solution I found is to create one more user with uid 3000000 in addc but I don't think it's the best way. So, can you advice us how to solve this problem?

Hi
You've set Administrator to uid 3000000 in AD? More likely, the 3000000
is derived from the SID S-1-5-32-544, set as builtin\administrators in
idmap.ldb. In that same db, Administrator with RID 500 is indeed set as
0.

My recommendation would be to set whatever uid you wish for all your
users in AD and always pull the information from there. This is effected
by adding the uidNumber attribute to the domain user. Windows doesn't
care what it is.

We may be able to help more if you can post more information such as
samba version and smb.conf.

HTH
Steve