[Samba] Account Lockout policies are not working in samba 4.1.5

nayanivijay vijay at linuxlab.org
Thu Mar 20 05:24:21 MDT 2014

Hello,

I have a samba 4.1.5. I have created OUs and linked GPO to OU for account
lockout policies.

Account Lockout Duration: 15min
Account Lockout Threshold: 5 invalid attempts
Reset Account lockout counter after: 15min

I have created a test account and logged in with an incorrect password more
than 5 times to a machine. but the test account never locks and the computer
never prompts me that the account has been locked out. All other policies
that are set in this GPO are applying, but the Account Lockout policy does
not work.
i think some hotfix might be available for this issue.
Can anyone please help with this issue?