[Samba] multiple dns forwarders

mourik jan heupink heupink at merit.unu.edu
Thu Mar 20 04:07:04 MDT 2014

Hi all,

Interesting discussion! For now, I'll stick with the samba internal dns,
and I know I can always switch to bind once everything works as expected.

First keep it simple (with only one resolver) and when everything has
been stable and working for a few weeks, switching to bind (and back)
should be easy.

Further to unbound: I have always used dnsmasq as a caching dns server
for internal queries. But my original question was about making samba's
internal dns resolving more robust, by providing more external dns
servers in smb.conf. (which I understand now is not currently possible)

Anyway, thanks for the ineresting discussion!

MJ