[Samba] multiple dns forwarders

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 19 14:46:55 MDT 2014

On 19/03/14 20:30, Chris Smith wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 19, 2014 at 4:01 PM, Rowland Penny
> <rowlandpenny at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> Two reasons I can think of, It doesn't have the modifications to work with
>> samba 4 and I don't think that you can get dhcp to work with it and samba4
> It doesn't need to "work with samba 4" that's what the internal DNS is
> for. And there should be no DHCP issues either.
>
> Chris
The OP was referring to the internal DNS server and forwarding to an
external DNS server, which, as you say, you could do with unbound. The
conversation then turned to using bind instead, at which point, you
brought up using unbound. I do not think that you can replace, note that
I say replace, the internal DNS server with unbound, it does not have
the required mods to work with Samba 4, unless you know different.

Rowland