[Samba] multiple dns forwarders

Marc Muehlfeld samba at marc-muehlfeld.de
Wed Mar 19 13:24:08 MDT 2014

Am 19.03.2014 19:48, schrieb steve:
 >> How you switch the backends, you can find in the general DNS HowTo:
 >> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/DNS#Changing_the_DNS_backend
 >>
 > Never knew it existed. 'Publicise' it on the bind howto?

There are a lot of information in the HowTos. And all stuff I wrote, I
had linked on the main pages (most on
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba). Often visit the Wiki. It's
growing. :-)

I don't think this should go to the BIND HowTo. The general DNS HowTo is
a better place for that. But I've added a link in the BIND HowTo to it.

>> What do you mean with "permissions to allow bind access to stuff under
>> private"?
>
> We just explained: after samba_upgradedns all files under private were
> root:root

- Currently I have a BIND backend.
- The files in /usr/local/samba/private/dns/sam.ldb.d/ belong to group
named (This was done on provisioning).
- I switch over to internal. group is still named.
- I set root:root to all of that files
- Switch back to bind backend.
- Group is set to named automatically when I run samba_upgradedns.

See:
https://cpaste.org/pkrvtsdp9

So I can't follow you. Or do you mean something else?

Regards,
Marc