[Samba] outbound replication of newly added DC not working

Thomas Schulz schulz at adi.com
Wed Mar 19 09:16:34 MDT 2014

------------------- lines removed ------------------------------

>> CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=sambadom,DC=com
>>          Standardname-des-ersten-Standorts\dc01 via RPC
>>                  DSA object GUID: c60bca82-df6e-409e-85c5-e2cc733691da
>>                  Last attempt @ Fri Mar 14 12:40:42 2014 CET was successful
>>                  0 consecutive failure(s).
>>                  Last success @ Fri Mar 14 12:40:42 2014 CET
>>
>> ==== OUTBOUND NEIGHBORS ====
>>
>> ==== KCC CONNECTION OBJECTS ====
>>
>> Connection --
>>          Connection name: dc01
>>          Enabled        : TRUE
>>          Server DNS name : dc01.sambadom.com
>>          Server DN name  : CN=NTDS
>> Settings,CN=dc01,CN=Servers,CN=Standardname-des-ersten-Standorts,CN=Sites,
   CN=Configuration,DC=sambadom,DC=com
>>                  TransportType: RPC
>> Warning: No NC replicated for Connection!
>> Connection --
>>          Connection name: dc02
>>          Enabled        : TRUE
>>          Server DNS name : dc02.sambadom.com
>>          Server DN name  : CN=NTDS
>> Settings,CN=dc02,CN=Servers,CN=Standardname-des-ersten-Standorts,CN=Sites,
   CN=Configuration,DC=sambadom,DC=com
>>                  TransportType: RPC
>> Warning: No NC replicated for Connection!
>>
>> ( I have replaced domain and DC names in the output text !)
>>

>> Does anybody know how to fix this issue and get outbound replication to
>> work ?
>>
>> I have already tried to demote and re-join the new DC, but this did not
>> help. I have also checked the DNS entries and those seem to be OK.
>>
>> Thank you for your kind help
>>
>> best regards
>>
>> Andreas
>>

> Hi all,
>
> I have been able to manually start outbound replication by issuing
> "samba-tool drs replicate" for all the missing outbound NCs.

Did you get a one time replication or does it now replicate automatically?
I tried to use the "samba-tool drs replicate" command but I can not
figrue out what to use for 'NC'. I found out what NC means but not exactly
what to enter.

I set email to the list a few weeks ago about one way replication. I have
been assuming that my problem is because I have a Windows 2000 DC and DNS
replication is not supported with a Windows 2000 DC. I am about to try
manually entering the DNS records for the Samba 4.1.6 DC into the
Windows 2000 DNS and then see what happens.

> Thanks
>
> best regards
>
> Andreas
> --