[Samba] Active Directory share strange issue

Marc Muehlfeld samba at marc-muehlfeld.de
Tue Mar 18 11:03:54 MDT 2014

Am 18.03.2014 15:59, schrieb Andy Durant:
> If i include the line:
>
> server services = smb, rpc, nbt, wrepl, ldap, cldap, kdc, drepl,
> winbind, ntp_signd, kcc, dnsupdate, dns
>
> in my smb.conf, then accessing the fileshare root doesn't work.
> Commenting out that line allows me to browse as before. Strange.

You don't need that line. Samba start the required services for AD
automatically.

Only if you use BIND_DLZ instead of the internal DNS, then you need it
(to tell Samba not to start the internal DNS). But for that, following
is enought:

server services = -dns

If I compare your 'server services' line with the one I have my four
DCs, yours have 'smb' and mine instead 's3fs'. That's the only
difference (byside the 'dns' because I use BIND_DLZ). Did you replaced that?

But I think your problem and the note about server services should go to
the FAQ. I'll put it there later.

Regards,
Marc