[Samba] Samba4 Users can not change their password using ctrl + alt + del

Günter Kukkukk linux at kukkukk.com
Mon Mar 17 22:13:36 MDT 2014

Am 18.03.2014 03:52, schrieb Andrew Bartlett:
> On Sun, 2014-03-16 at 08:54 +0700, Nguyen Trung Hieu wrote:
>> Dear Samba team
>>
>> In my lab: Windows XP/7/8 joined Samba4.1 AD DC OK!
>>
>> I don't change any password policy (all are default!)
>>
>> But when users logged on sucessfully, they *pressed ctrl + alt + del* in
>> order to change their passwords (new password included over 8 characters,
>> complexity...), but they failed
>>
>> I also read this link:
>>
>> https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2010-September/158171.html
>>
>> Could you please help me?
>
> What errors are shown on the client and in the server logs?
>
> Andrew Bartlett

when i test that here with a win7 ultimate box, i get on the samba side:

kpasswdd: Password change rejected, password changes may not be permitted on this account, or the minimum password age may not have elapsed.

in kpasswdd.c -> kpasswd_make_pwchange_reply()
not all SAM_PWD_* enums are tested, so the switch/default case is taken.

Sorry, have no time to dig deeper with this one.

Cheers, Günter