[Samba] Samba3.6 + LDAP Backend upgrade to Samba4

Александр faerun.madman at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 02:22:00 MDT 2014

Hello.

I'm trying to update their samba3.6 to the new version. Use the
instructions
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba4/samba-tool/domain/classicupgrade/HOWTO

Just use the latest build of sernet.

My samba3.6 work is not in the role AD, and as a standart file server with
LDAP Backend, which stores users and groups.

I'm trying to take advantage of the update utility.
But getting error.
samba-tool domain classicupgrade --dbdir=/var/lib/samba/samba3
 --use-xattrs=yes
--realm=SAMBA4.SERVDESK.RU/var/lib/samba/samba3/smb.conf
--testparm=/usr/bin/testparm

both dbdir and testparm specified, ignoring dbdir.
Reading smb.conf
WARNING: The "idmap backend" option is deprecated
WARNING: The "idmap uid" option is deprecated
WARNING: The "idmap gid" option is deprecated
Processing section "[data$]"
Unknown parameter encountered: "force security mode"
Ignoring unknown parameter "force security mode"
Unknown parameter encountered: "force directory security mode"
Ignoring unknown parameter "force directory security mode"
Provisioning
ERROR(<class 'samba.provision.ProvisioningError'>): uncaught exception -
ProvisioningError: Could not open '/var/lib/samba/private/secrets.tdb', the
Samba3 secrets database: [Errno 2] No such file or directory.  Perhaps you
specified the incorrect smb.conf, --testparm or --dbdir option?
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/samba/netcmd/__init__.py", line
175, in _run
    return self.run(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/samba/netcmd/domain.py", line
1318, in run
    useeadb=eadb, dns_backend=dns_backend, use_ntvfs=use_ntvfs)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/samba/upgrade.py", line 574, in
upgrade_from_samba3
    raise ProvisioningError("Could not open '%s', the Samba3 secrets
database: %s.  Perhaps you specified the incorrect smb.conf, --testparm or
--dbdir option?" % (samba3.privatedir_path("secrets.tdb"), str(e)))

I understand the utility does not work, if my old server is working as a
not domain controller?

--
Sincerely,
Alexander.