[Samba] mapping folders in AD DC

dnl David.Lee at jesus.org.uk
Thu Mar 13 17:04:49 MDT 2014

Having just set up a Debian wheezy-backports samba 4.1.5 AD DC, I am
have problems getting shares mapped to drive letters.  This applies to
both a home share, set up following
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setting_up_a_home_share, and a mapped
drive, set up in Group Policy [P:; Update; //storestone/projects]
(storestone is both the DC and where the shares exist). I can manually
map the P: drive from explorer on the workstation, but have not tried
the H: drive.
At present, being a bit of a newbie, I don't have any idea on how to
make progress in finding the cause and sorting it. Please can I have
some ideas on what to check.
My log files contains the following unexplained line:
> samba: setproctitle not initialized, please either call
> setproctitle_init() or link against libbsd-ctor.

Regards
David Lee