[Samba] "could not open file /var/lock/samba/unexpected.tdb"

Metcalf, Johndavid metcalf at vwsa.co.za
Wed Mar 12 01:32:19 MDT 2014

Hi
I have a Samba problem on an AIX server:
We are running SAMBA version 3.2.0

In the log.nmbd file I have the following entry:

tdb(/var/locks/unexpected.tdb): tdb_oob len 1111638618 beyond eof at 8060928

can I do a "> unexpected.tdb"  to remove the contents of this file without having to stop Samba?

Kind regards

Johndavid Metcalf
CAD and Warehouse Systems
PP-COP department,IS Division
Volkswagen Group South Africa
PO Box 80
Uitenhage
6230
Tel: +27-(0)41-994-5581
Fax: +27-(0)41-994-5451
Mobile: 084-510-9735
Mailto: metcalf at vwsa.co.za<mailto:metcalf at vwsa.co.za>

Volkswagen of South Africa (Pty) Ltd. (Reg No. 1946/023458/07)
Chairman: H Waltl*

Managing Director:  D Powels

Directors: P Hoffmann* (Sales & Marketing), C Stapel* (Finance), S Macozoma, PJ Smith (Human Resources),  N Maliza (Corporate and Government Affairs), T du Plessis (Production), C Klingler**

German*, Austrian**

Volkswagen Group South Africa is a Level 4 Contributor in terms of the Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment Act

DISCLAIMER :  Volkswagen of South Africa (Pty) Ltd

Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender.
No liability shall attach whatsoever to Volkswagen Group SA from this communication except where the sender is acting on specific authority of Volkswagen Group SA, such authority being public record and acknowledged by Volkswagen Group SA by nature of the employee's functions. This document may in no way be photocopied, printed, scanned or
electronically duplicated for any purposes other than that for which it was originally intended.

If you are not the intended recipient of this communication, please discard this message and notify Volkswagen Group SA immediately at postmaster at vwsa.co.za

Volkswagen Group SA's anonymous toll free ethics number is: 0800 11 53 54