[Samba] Additional indexes in Samba4

Diego Woitasen diego at woitasen.com.ar
Mon Mar 17 09:19:24 MDT 2014

Hi,
 I've found in the list how to add new indexes to Samba4. I read the
you have to modify the searchFlags attr in the schema. I've tried but
fails.

# ldapmodify -f uid.ldif
SASL/GSSAPI authentication started
SASL username: administrator at mydomain.local
SASL SSF: 56
SASL data security layer installed.
modifying entry "CN=uid,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=mydomain,DC=local"
ldap_modify: Server is unwilling to perform (53)
        additional info: 00002035: schema_data_modify: updates are not
allowed: reject request

The uid.ldif contains:

dn: CN=uid,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=samba4,DC=mydomain,DC=local
changetype: modify
replace: searchFlags
searchFlags: 13

Is that OK. I also tried with ldbmodify and got the same error.

I really need to index more attributes, I have more than 5k users and
the performance of some queries are slow.

Regards,
  Diego

--
Diego Woitasen