[Samba] Upgrading from Samba 4.0.1 to 4.1.6

Jason Waters jwaters at h2os.com
Sat Mar 15 19:32:24 MDT 2014

Got a little further.  I removed the pem files and then the one(PDC)
started and stayed working.  The BDC did not.  I got this when I grep the
log file.

root at fsZZ:/usr/local/samba-4.1.6/var# grep error log.samba
  /usr/local/samba/sbin/samba_dnsupdate: ; TSIG error with server: tsig
verify failure
[...]
  Failed to modify SPNs on CN=ZZ-OFFICE-4,CN=Computers,DC=abc,DC=local:
error in module acl: Constraint  violation (19)
  Failed to modify SPNs on CN=ZZ-OFFICE-4,CN=Computers,DC=abc,DC=local:
error in module acl: Constraint  violation (19)
  Failed to modify SPNs on CN=VSERVER,CN=Computers,DC=abc,DC=local: error
[...]
  YYNIC: ZZternal error
  YYNIC: ZZternal error
  YYNIC: ZZternal error
  YYNIC: ZZternal error
  YYNIC: ZZternal error
[...]

Any thoughts?

I put 4.0.1 back in place and everything just works.  If you have any ideas
I will put 4.1.6 back and work through the problems.  Thanks.

Jason