[Samba] Upgrading from Samba 4.0.1 to 4.1.6

Jason Waters jwaters at h2os.com
Fri Mar 14 09:18:42 MDT 2014

I saw a error about LDAP.  I didn't have time since they client was opening
in about 5 minutes.  So I just copied the 4.0.1 folder back in and restart
samba.  I will work on it this weekend.  But this is what I did.

compiled samba 4.1.6 with just ./configure
/etc/init.d/samba stop
cp -ap /usr/local/samba /usr/local/samba-4.0.1
make install
..wait..
samba-tool dbcheck --cross-ncs --reset-well-known-acls --fix
samba-tool ntacl sysvolreset
samba-tool dbcheck --cross-ncs --fix
/etc/init.d/samba start

Then I did a ps -aux |grep samba to see if it was running and didn't see it.
Took a quick look in /usr/local/samba/var/samba.log and saw the ldap error.

Didn't have time because I needed it up and running so I did this
mv /usr/local/samba /usr/local/samba/4.1.6
mv /usr/local/samba-4.0.1 /usr/local/samba
/etc/init.d/samba start

and then 4.0.1 was up and running no problems.

I break it again this weekend and ask you guys for help!