[Samba] Strange GID and UID with winbindd + Samba AD DC

Chan Min Wai dcmwai at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 06:17:32 MDT 2014

Dear Stéphane,

Thank you for the answer.

Not all users or groups have UID or GID.

I use windows 7 RAT to edit the users and computer.
So I only enable the groups which I think need GID.

Did we need to add GID to all groups?
Including the builtIn and also the default group?

Shouldn't winbind add the builtIn group with default GID.
And skipped the group without GID configure?

Oh I got the idea wrong?

Thank you.

Regards,
Chan Min Wai