[Samba] things that break with unix extensions = yes, samba 4.1.5 and osx 10.9 clients?

Chris Smith smb_77 at chrissmith.org
Thu Mar 13 15:38:02 MDT 2014

On Thu, Mar 13, 2014 at 5:03 PM, Jeremy Allison <jra at samba.org> wrote:
> Did you get an offer of source code with the device ?
>
> If not, then it's either not Samba or in license
> violation.

No, I didn't. I may be mistaken that it's smbclient from Samba - was
just a guess. It might just be the code in the Linux kernel. I know
that it only tries to negotiate smb 1 and that it doesn't work at all
with Windows 8(+), so I'm guessing (again) that if it's not
proprietary smb code that it's older GPLv2 code and possibly supplied
via the Mediatek chipset. The reason I doubt it's any in-house Oppo
implementation is because they seemed to not really understand why it
wasn't working with Windows 8, claiming that it was because they
didn't do smb 2, when Windows 8 speaks smb 1 just fine (although some
early smb clients have issues with the Windows 8 "dialect").

Their is a page on their wiki that mentions open source software used
in a previous model:
http://wiki.oppodigital.com/index.php?title=Open_Source_Software_Related_to_BDP-95/95

But I haven't found anything relating to the current model, and my
guess is that it is using much open-source code.

Chris