[Samba] Which windows admin tools work with samba 4.1?

DNK ml at srvrs.co
Thu Mar 13 15:02:48 MDT 2014

On Mar 13, 2014, at 1:47 PM, Marc Muehlfeld <samba at marc-muehlfeld.de> wrote:

> Am 13.03.2014 21:42, schrieb DNK:
>> I actually got an install going last night with a
> > Bind DLZ backend. I have all the tools up and running. The
> > tutorials I had followed had skipped a few details.
>
> Did you used
>   https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Dns-backend_bind
> and for administration
>  https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/DNS_Administration
>
> If yes, which details I've skipped there?

I actually used a few more Sernet specific tutorials. I never used those ones, but for some reference to “fill the gaps”. These look pretty good.

> > I plan on writing out my notes in a very “step-by-step” method.
>
> If you plan to put it on the Wiki, it would be better to to enhance the existing HowTos instead of creating a new one, that is describing the same.

I was going to write it up for my own notes, but it can be published anywhere. I have no problem adding them to the official WIKI. I’ll write my own version, and then compare and see what may be missing (if anything). I have to read your links over in more detail.