[Samba] things that break with unix extensions = yes, samba 4.1.5 and osx 10.9 clients?

DNK ml at srvrs.co
Thu Mar 13 14:46:07 MDT 2014

On Mar 13, 2014, at 6:06 AM, Sabuj Pattanayek <sabujp at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm about to do some testing with a an OSX 10.9 client connected to sernet
> samba 4.1.5 to see what things work and don't both from the finder and from
> the terminal with unix extensions = yes and no. Does anyone know of any
> show stopping issues that occur with unix extensions = yes and the latest
> samba (or 3.6.x, or 4.0.x a) and the latest OSX (or latest update with 10.7
> & 10.8)?

I just did a fresh install with the Sernet RPM’s last night. I have been testing with 10.9 (I left the default setting for Unix Extensions), and have had no real issues with the exception of not being able to connect to the file server when browsing through the network (VS using the CMD-K diolog or mapping a drive/direct access on windows). But I believe in my case that is due to the fact I have Ad and the File Shares on the same server (I saw a few other threads mentioning this).