[Samba] samba4 registry

Mark Jas mark at nieuwenborg.nl
Thu Mar 13 01:56:55 MDT 2014

Hi Daniel,

My samba config (including printing) is working fine. But the printer driver needs one simple key in the registry for specific settings. I can change the registry on the samba4 server with regedit.exe from a windows domain member, or with the "net rpc registry import" command. But certain locations in the registry (and unfortunately, just the one I need) I cannot write to.

The question remains; how can I write data to those parts of the registry (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Printers\) where I need to add my printer specific options?

Thanks,

Mark