[Samba] zfs permissions

Ryan Bair ryandbair at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 07:42:22 MDT 2014

Hi Tom,

The current release of zfsonlinux does not support ACLs, I'm guessing this
is what you are running into. There is support in trunk however so hope is
on the horizon (or right now if you're feeling dangerous and keep good
backups).

I know there used to be a Samba option to store ACLs in an xattr (which is
supported with current ZFS), however I couldn't find the config option in
the manual.