[Samba] Which windows admin tools work with samba 4.1?

Marc Muehlfeld samba at marc-muehlfeld.de
Wed Mar 12 00:33:10 MDT 2014

Hello,

Am 12.03.2014 05:50, schrieb DNK:
> I’m just taking my first steps into samba 4.x….
>
> Which windows admin tools work with samba 4.1?
>
> I know the AD  Users and groups do, etc, but I thought I saw that you can actually manage DNS too, etc. Is there a wiki post or blog post that outlines using the win admin pack on samba 4.1?

All RSAT Tools (ADUC, DNS, Sites and Services, etc.) work with Samba AD.
The usage is the same for Samba AD, as for a MS AD. So you can use all
Windows HowTos and documentation for managing your Domain.

But it can happen, that some features are not implemented yet in Samba.
Then please file a detailed bug report with logs, etc.

Here you find links for downloading RSAT:
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_AD_management_from_windows

Regards,
Marc