[Samba] connect windwos 7 to linux homes

Thomas Schulz schulz at adi.com
Tue Mar 11 22:43:16 MDT 2014

> I map the driver using windows 7 Map Network Drive tool by entering
> \\server.name\homes in the folder box, select Reconnect at logon, click
> Connect using different credentials, click finish, provide my linux
> samba user name and password. I am then connected to my home directory
> on the linux box until a reboot.
>
> Upon reboot the mapped drive no longer works as described below and I
> must delete it and create a new one to connect again.

Is there perhaps a pop up that does not last very long asking for a
password when you first log on after the reboot? We had one user who
was missing such a pop up and he finally found out that he had to watch
the screen very closely after rebooting.

That said, your version of Samba is very very old. The latest in the 3.*
series is 3.6.22. It may well predate Windows 7.

Tom Schulz
Applied Dynamics Intl.
schulz at adi.com