[Samba] connect windwos 7 to linux homes

Marc Muehlfeld samba at marc-muehlfeld.de
Tue Mar 11 15:57:39 MDT 2014

Hello Marc

Am 11.03.2014 21:32, schrieb Marc Fromm:
> With windows XP this worked perfect. I would map a network drive to \\servername\homes<file:///\\servername\homes>, provide my linux samba user account and it would stay functional between reboots.
>
> With windows 7 I can map the network drive as in XP but after a reboot the mapped drive to the linux samba homes share breaks with the message Microsoft windows network: multiple connections to a server or shared resource by same user .... Are not allowed.
>
> What needs to be changed so Windows 7 can retain the connection?
>
> Samba 3.0.33 on RHEL 5.2

How do you map the share? Via logonscript or is mapped as home share? Or
was it mapped through Windows with the "remember" option?

I guess you had mapped the share on Win7 manually on windows with the
"always do on logon" option. And then you try to mount the share via
logon script or some other automatic way, what results in "already
mapped" message.

But this is just a guess, as you gave not very much information about
your environment and how you map the shares, etc.

Regards,
Marc