[Samba] connect windwos 7 to linux homes

Marc Fromm Marc.Fromm at wwu.edu
Tue Mar 11 14:32:46 MDT 2014

With windows XP this worked perfect. I would map a network drive to \\servername\homes<file:///\\servername\homes>, provide my linux samba user account and it would stay functional between reboots.

With windows 7 I can map the network drive as in XP but after a reboot the mapped drive to the linux samba homes share breaks with the message Microsoft windows network: multiple connections to a server or shared resource by same user .... Are not allowed.

What needs to be changed so Windows 7 can retain the connection?

Samba 3.0.33 on RHEL 5.2

Thanks