[Samba] Active Directory share strange issue

Andy Durant adurant at vestec.com
Tue Mar 11 11:25:00 MDT 2014

Hello,

I've had a perfectly working active directory server for quite some time
now, but in the last day or so I've run into a problem that I can't sort
out.

Browsing directly to \\server\sysvol or \\server\netlogon work fine
althoughly very slow now. However; browsing directly to \\server no
longer works.  Path not found. This worked up until a few days ago. I've
made no changes aside from adding a static route to the server.

This is of course breaking group policy and logon scripts etc.

The share listing correctly shows up as well. Though I don't remember it
being semi-duplicated but its been awhile since I set it up.

dc01 ~]# /usr/local/samba/bin/smbclient -L localhost -U%
Domain=[XXXX] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 4.2.0pre1-GIT-8cd8aa6]

         Sharename       Type      Comment
         ---------       ----      -------
         netlogon        Disk
         sysvol          Disk
         IPC$            IPC       IPC Service
Domain=[XXXX] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 4.2.0pre1-GIT-8cd8aa6]

         Server               Comment

         Workgroup            Master

Any ideas on what could have changed?

--