[Samba] NT_STATUS_INSUFFICIENT_RESOURCES - but only from Samba - works for Windows?

Jason Haar Jason_Haar at trimble.com
Mon Mar 10 14:57:45 MDT 2014

Hi there

I've just a Windows7 box here that is erroring  with
"NT_STATUS_INSUFFICIENT_RESOURCES" whenever I try to connect using any
samba tools: smbclient, "net", "rpcclient". This is when using Domain
Admin creds, either via Kerberos (-k) or direct username%password.
According to google, this is a resource problem on Windows and
restarting the appropriate service (or a reboot) would fix it.

Well fine - except that this issue isn't occurring when I connect from a
Windows client instead of a Samba client. This affected Windows box
works fine - shares, directories, etc.

So why is it a resource problem for Samba when it isn't for Windows clients?

CentOs-6.5, samba-3.6.9-167.el6_5.x86_64

--
Cheers

Jason Haar
Phone: +1 408 481 8171