[Samba] Access shares from DNS alias

Valentin Cheche valentin at cheche.ro
Mon Mar 10 04:37:07 MDT 2014

On Monday, March 10, 2014 7:50:01 AM UTC+2, Christopher Chan wrote:
> Just to let you guys that the int root domain does exist. It definitely
> should not be used as a short form of internal.
>  e.g. http://www.un.int/
>
>  Unless, of course, you are running an actual domain under .int.

Hi Christopher,
   Yes, I am aware of the .int situation, but it has such a
restrictive registration policy that I feel safe using it for
.int(ernal) purposes. :-)
This, plus choosing a domain name improbable to come up on .int (timco
and oldtim are not really the original domain names ;-) ), plus having
locks in place so that my workstations only interrogate and trust my
internal DNS servers for this domain, and not go out on the Internet
for the queries.

Thank you for the heads up,
Val.