[Samba] Group Policy Management from Windows 8.1

Justin Clacherty justin at redfish.com.au
Mon Mar 10 04:05:46 MDT 2014

Hi,

I've installed RSAT on Windows 8.1 and am trying to set up group policies on my recently installed (from source) samba server.  When I run the Group Policy Management tool I get a dialog coming up that says "A processing error occurred collecting data using this base domain controller. Please change the base domain controller and try again."  Does anyone else experience this issue?  I see no errors in syslog (running Ubuntu 13.10) to point me in any particular direction.

Cheers,
Justin.