[Samba] Samba 4 - disconnection after 10 hours
x-dimension at gmx.net
Sat Mar 8 05:27:23 MST 2014
Am 27.02.2014 21:08, schrieb X-Dimension:
> We have a strange problem since we are using Samba 4.
> On our domain controller (Samba 4.1.4) we have a share called
> "programs" where we have installed
> all programs that our employees need.
> When a domain user (Windows 7 client) is connected round about 10
> hours to our Samba DC,
> all open programs that are installed on the "programs" share seems to
> get lost the connection to
> the server and so they crash. We can only close these applications by
> killing them with the Windows task manager.
> After this we can start all of these programs without a problem and
> there are working fine again.
> It looks like Samba kills the connection after 10 hours although the
> programs are still in use.
> Does anybody has the same problem, or knows what goes wrong here?
> Thx for help!
I wonder if nobody else seems to have this problem.
I can reproduce this every time here, even after updating to Samba 4.1.5
Steps to reproduce are:
1. Install Samba 4 as Active Directory Domain Controller
2. Create a share (call it "Programs" for example)
3. Join the domain with a Windows 7 client and install some programs to
the "Programs" share
4. Open some of these programs on the Windows 7 client computer
-> smbstatus on the Samba server should now show many open files for
5. Leave the programs open on the Windows client and wait around 9 till
6. After 9 till 10 hours run smbstatus again on the Samba server and it
shows no open files anymore
and all the open programs on the Windows client should not work or crash
now when you click on a menu item
in it or something like that.
Can anybody confirm this?
More information about the samba