[Samba] Join as DC requires libacl, not avail on Solaris

Thomas Schulz schulz at adi.com
Fri Mar 7 17:49:34 MST 2014

I have now sucessfully joined a patched Samba 4.1.5 running on Solaris 10
as a Domain Controller to our domain. It works exactly the same as the
Samba 4.1.5 DC I have running on Linux. Including having the exact same
problems working with our Windows 2000 DC. Well, I hardly expected it to
work better :)

> Success!!
> The gettext problem is most likely not your problem. I had
> recently installed my own build of gettext 0.18.3.2. I uninstalled that
> and Samba builds correctly, both the git master and 4.1.5. It is likely
> that the Samba configure and build was finding parts from both the
> original Solaris gettext and my new version. I suppose that it is
> possible that Samba just does not like version 0.18.3.2 of gettext,
> but if so that is a seperate problem.
>
> I have done a quick test of running the modified 4.1.5 as a Samba 3
> file server and it works. I had hoped that this might fix Bug 10362,
> but no such luck. I will try to do a join as a DC a little later.

Tom Schulz
Applied Dynamics Intl.
schulz at adi.com