[Samba] Join as DC requires libacl, not avail on Solaris

Thomas Schulz schulz at adi.com
Thu Mar 6 17:36:18 MST 2014

> On Wed, 2014-03-05 at 16:29 -0500, Thomas Schulz wrote:
>
> > With the patch configure ends with:
> > building on sunos5
> > Checking for library acl                           : not found
> > Checking for acl_get_file                          : not found
> > Checking for POSIX ACL support                     : not found
> > Checking for library facl                          : not found
> > Checking for sec                                   : not found
> > Checking for library acl_get_fd                    : not found
> > Checking for pacl                                  : not found
> > /home/projects/tools/samba/testmaster/source3/wscript:470: error:
> > ACL support not found. Try installing libacl1-dev or libacl-devel.
> > Otherwise, use --without-acl-support to build without ACL support.
> > ACL support is required to change permissions from Windows clients.
>
> Thanks!  We are almost there!
>
> See attached, we got the order of arguments wrong, notice how it is
> looking for library facl and function 'sec'?  The library is 'sec' :-)
>
> Andrew Bartlett

OK!!! That works better. Now the lines from configure that mention ACLs
are:

Checking for header acl/libacl.h    : no
Checking for header sys/acl.h       : yes
Checking for _acl                   : ok
Checking for __acl                  : not found
Checking for _facl                  : ok
Checking for __facl                 : not found
Checking for library acl            : not found
Checking for acl_get_file           : not found
Checking for POSIX ACL support      : not found
Checking for facl                   : ok
Using solaris ACLs
Checking for header sys/acl.h       : yes
Checking for _acl                   : ok
Checking for __acl                  : not found
Checking for _facl                  : ok
Checking for __facl                 : not found
Checking for library acl            : not found
Checking for acl_get_file           : not found
Checking for POSIX ACL support      : not found
Checking for facl                   : ok
Using solaris ACLs

I will now build it. I will also make this same change along with my
patch to 4.1.5 and see what that does.

Tom Schulz
Applied Dynamics Intl.
schulz at adi.com