[Samba] CTDB and NFS4

Stephen Ward sw_samba at nzgeek.com
Thu Mar 6 16:32:01 MST 2014

Hi everyone,

I'm sorry if this has already been covered somewhere, but I've had a look
and can't find it.  Also if there is a better place for this question,
please let me know.

I know that the CTDB documentation states that only NFS2/3 are supported
with CTDB but what I'd really like to know is why NFS4 won't work and if
NFS4 support is planned for the future (timeline?).  Also can anyone
suggest any work arounds/development versions/anything that may help with
this?

I have a cluster that works well with samba4 and NFS3 (on GPFS/RHEL) but
unsurprisingly, while NFS4 works ok normally, if I stop the server a client
is using any access attempts will freeze on the client.

Regards
Stephen