[Samba] Samba Join as DC failed

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Mar 6 14:47:11 MST 2014

On Wed, 2014-03-05 at 08:44 +0100, Daniel von Obernitz wrote:

> --------------ms060807020701080105090506
>
> The domain has about 20000 users, don't know if that can be considered=20
> as large.
> The machine has 2 cores and 6GB ram and both machines (AD-clone and=20
> samba) are on the same esx-host in an isolated net structure...

That is pretty large for Samba's AD DC code, but folks have deployed
sites that large.  Do you have any idea where it spent the time?  Was it
CPU busy, or swapping, or something else?

We know we need to improve some issues at the large end, it would be
very interesting to run that join under 'perf record -g' on Linux (with
a very, very large disk and much more memory) to see what we are hitting
the worst, to see if we can improve it.

Thanks,

Andrew Bartlett

--