[Samba] How stable are DNS records

Thomas Schulz schulz at adi.com
Thu Mar 6 08:10:28 MST 2014

I am wondering how often and under what circumatances the DNS records change.

The reason I ask is that Samba 4.1.5 running as an additional Domain
Controller is unable to enter it's DNS records into our Windows Server
2000 Domain Controller. I find that samba_upgradedns can be told to
put the desired DNS records into a file and I am thinking about manually
entering those into the Windows 2000 DC. If the records rarely change or
only change under predictable circumatances than manually entering them
may be the way out of this problem.

Tom Schulz
Applied Dynamics Intl.
schulz at adi.com