[Samba] A and/or PTR record deleted after pc wake-up

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Thu Mar 6 07:39:17 MST 2014

On Thu, 2014-03-06 at 14:53 +0100, L.P.H. van Belle wrote:
> Hai Steve.
>
> > Did you get a chance to go through our
> >suggestion with samba-tool dns to check the Admin-pc box before you
> >deleted?]
>
> no, sorry, i already deleted samba before i saw you email.
>
> I go try with the keytab as you sugested.
> but if i export it, and i checked it with the named.update in samba.
> did see :
>
>         grant INTERNAL.DOMAIN.TLD ms-self * A AAAA;
>         grant Administrator at INTERNAL.DOMAIN.TLD wildcard * A AAAA SRV CNAME;
>         grant RTD-DC1$@INTERNAL.DOMAIN.TLD wildcard * A AAAA SRV CNAME;
>
> this is why i did the export and did run  :
> kinit -k -t /etc/krb5.keytab RTD-DC1$@INTERNAL.DOMAIN.TLD
>
> so should work imo.

I'm sure that you could indeed get a ticket by your method. But that has
nothing to do with dns. Samba4 will not query /etc/krb5.keytab for
anything. Of course, if you need it for anything else then of course
export it. For dns authentication, the provision will create any keytab
it needs. Just think of the panic it would create on the list if it
didn't;)
Good luck with the new domain.
Steve