[Samba] Books of Samba 4
Petros.Listig at fdrive.com.au
Tue Mar 4 20:54:25 MST 2014
Quoting "Andrew Bartlett" <abartlet at samba.org>
> .. but at least for now samba-tool
> is associated with operations that involve the AD DC, or other rarer
> modes of operation that use the 'samba' binary, and is generally not
> involved in operation of the standalone or domain member file server.
This and the Wiki, is pretty much AD and particularly DC "centred".
E.g. https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba finds other usage under
"5.2 Samba NT4-style domain documentation"
Maybe a _very_ obvious_ starting point is needed:
How do you want to setup your Sambas server?
- As an AD DC? - goto http:..
- As an AD member server? goto http:..
- As a NT4 style PDC? goto http:..
- As a NT4 style BDC? goto http:..
- As a NT4 domain member? goto http:..
- As a standalone server? goto http:..
- As a server with authorization configured per share - goto fail
Maybe it could be in the introduction of the mentioned page.
More information about the samba