[Samba] Configuring Bind as Samba Active Directory

Marc Muehlfeld samba at marc-muehlfeld.de
Mon Mar 3 10:01:17 MST 2014

Am 03.03.2014 10:04, schrieb Philipp Agyei:
> I tried to follow the steeps in the Wiki.
>
> include "/usr/local/samba/private/named.conf";
>
> I compiled Samba with prefix /usr/samba so I can't find /usr/samba/private/named.conf
> The $PREFIX/private folder is empty

# find /usr -name named.conf

:-)

# ./configure --help
says
     --with-privatedir=PRIVATE_DIR
             Where to put sam.ldb and other private files
             [STD-Default: ${PREFIX}/private]
             [FHS-Default: ${LOCALSTATEDIR}/lib/samba/private]

Depending on if you use FHS or default filesystem structure, you should
find it in this places.

Regards,
Marc