[Samba] problem about "access denied" and not secutiry tab in Win7

Marc Muehlfeld samba at marc-muehlfeld.de
Mon Mar 3 09:56:04 MST 2014

Hello Oscar,

Am 03.03.2014 11:56, schrieb Oscar Aparicio Holgado:
> First you all thanks for your work about samba project.
> I have set up a Samba 4 PDC in Debian Wheezy throught sernet repos.
> When i create a new shared folder in smb.conf as:
> [folder]
 > path = /folder
 > read only = no
 >
> and doing :
> mkdir /folder
 > chmod 777 /folder
> i cannot enter this folder in a "administrator" session in a win7 previous connected to my domain, and cannot enter this folder, access denied it says.
> I have installed acl package and have alc in my /etc/fstab file, also i have "net rpc rights grant 'DOMAIN\Domain Admins' SeDiskOperatorPrivilege -Uadministrator" runned, and cannot access and cannot set permissions in security tab.
> 3 days about this problem surfing google trying to solve the problem with no luck.

When you say "PDC", do you mean an Samba NT4-style PDC? Or a Samba AD
DC? Some people are mixing the terms.

I'm not sure, how 4x works on an PDC (not DC!). In 3 it was required,
that the users exist local (e. g. through LDAP, etc.). For an 4 Member
and DC it's not required any more. But I never run an PDC with 4. So I
can't say that.

What are the messages in the logs, when the access is denied?

Regards,
Marc