[Samba] problem upgrading from 4.0.1 to 4.1.4

Marc Muehlfeld samba at marc-muehlfeld.de
Sat Mar 1 09:48:26 MST 2014

Hello Sebastien,

Am 11.02.2014 06:55, schrieb Sebastien Ruel:
> I’m trying to upgrade from 4.0.1 to 4.1.4 but some of my users
 > aren’t listed with the command « samba-tool user list » and
 > they can’t log either.
>
> I tried to do a « samba-tool dbcheck —fix » but all users with
 > accent can’t be fixed :
 > Example «  dn: CN=Josée Lavigne,OU=LACHANTERELLE,DC=qcct,DC=net »
>
> This is causing GUID error on some other objects too.
>
> How can I resolv that problem ?

Does everything works fine in 4.0.1 and only after you've upgraded you
encountered these problems?

How many users does your installation have? If it's not that big, you
can try to work around by removing the accent in the CN, fix everything
and then try if the problem is still there in 4.1.5. And if, you should
open a bug report (https://bugzilla.samba.org/). But maybe the problem
is meanwhile fixed (haven't searched bugzilla about it)

At work we avoid using german umlauts and other special characters in
usernames, as they often cause anger and additional work. :-)

When you upgrade, don't forget the other important steps, that should be
done when you switch from an early 4x version:
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Updating_Samba#Upgrades_of_early_Samba_4_version_on_Samba_Active_Directory_DCs

Regards,
Marc