[Samba] radius auth to samba

Arun Khan knura9 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 23:54:54 MDT 2014

On Tue, Jul 1, 2014 at 7:47 AM, David Bear <dwbear75 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I want to have samba be the back end provider for authentication to a
> radius server. I found
> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/VPN_Single_SignOn_with_Samba_AD

This would VPN authenticating with a back end AD/DC (Samba4)

> and wanted to see if this is 'current' and works with samba 4.1.8 -- or if
> anyone is using it.

No clue, but should be work.

> I want to use RADIUS authentication on a firewall and have Samba be the
> source for the user accounts. I am using a pfsense firewall. Anyone
> pointers would be greatly appreciated.

To the best of my understanding RADIUS authentication is a different
authentication ball game which may use AD/DC or LDAP backends for
authenticating users.     In such a case Samba AD/DC would be the
"backend' for your RADIUS server.

search keywords "radius server active directory" gives the following
which may be what you are looking for.
<http://wiki.freeradius.org/guide/FreeRADIUS-Active-Directory-Integration-HOWTO>

HTH,
-- Arun Khan