[Samba] Access to ldb with simpleSecurityObject

Quentin Gibeaux qgibeaux at iris-tech.fr
Mon Jun 30 04:05:05 MDT 2014

Hi,

I'm trying to access to the internal's ldap of samba4 (running as AD-DC)
with a simpleSecurityObject entry.
It seems that the authentication process searches only 'user' objects
(objectclass=user) in the ldb. Is that possible to configure the auth
behavior ?

I'd like to use simpleSecurityObject (that aren't 'user') to manage
entries from cron, cgi and so on, without allowing this user to login on
windows clients, samba shares, etc. I'm afraid that won't be possible,
but i might be wrong.

Thanks,
Quentin Gibeaux